It’s been more than a year on this channel, but here’s a new short Downtown clip!
The reason I’m translating this clip is because… I’ve actually used it for a project in my university, a research over kansai-ben (kansai dialect) and how it’s used in normal japanese (hyoujungo) to emphatize expressions / sound funnier.
While I’ve used a japanese-subbed clip (which I’ve subbed and I won’t release) for my project, I told myself “Why not translate it and upload it as well?” and so I did.
Just few notes. Kansai-ben is the dialect of the Kansai region, mainly spoke in Osaka, the city from where both Matsumoto and Hamada come from.
They use a lot of kansai-ben words and expressions during gaki no tsukai, expressions such as “meccha” or “akan” or “nan yanen” or “yabai”, if you’re a fan of Gaki n Tsukai you’ve surely heard those whether from them or Yamazaki / Cocorico.
So, in the last part when Matsumoto claims he’s from Tokyo, he’s just putting himself in the shoes of a Tokyo person attempting such “kansai proficiency level test”.
Also, the expressions Matsumoto says in kansai-ben are “NANI SHITEN NO?” which in hyoujungo would be “NANI WO SHITEIRU NO?” meaning “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” and “ITTEE DOU NANSU TARA EE NDE!” which would be “ITTAI DOUO SUREBA II NDESU KA?” in hyoujungo, meaning “WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?”.
I think that’s it for all, but for more info I suggest you to read this article, in which I’ll talk about future possible uploads / new possible content: This page!
Stay tuned anyways! Thanks as always for watching.
[EDIT] Youtube user a345 kindly explained me the “near station Osaka” thing Matsumoto is talking about at 0:37 is refering to NOVA / other type of english language school.
Hey there, guys! It’s been a while.
First off, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
Second, the reason why this video took me way longer than the previous ones is that I’ve been hella busy.
I’ve busy with university 5 days a week and working at the same time, and while right now I’m less busy that the previous weeks, I’m still pretty damn overwhelmed by all the things I have to do.
So, of course there’ll be new clips coming soon, but maybe not weekly as the first 4 videos I uploaded were.
Anyways, on today’s episode we get to see another great Matsumoto-Technician’s challenge, in which our heroes have to prove their manliness by shaking their hips and… maracas?
Who will win this challenge? And who will face the batsu game?
– Sometimes it was hard to grasp what they were saying while shouting altogether, so I simply put black texts with captions instead.
– I have no idea what the beeping section is about, the censors were so uncalled for!
Also, last thing I wanted to say, next videos could also be Gottsu Ee Kanji clips, I still kind of count them as Gaki no Tsukai (I haven’t planned them yet, though).——-
Subscribe for more Gaki clips! I’ll keep on uploading / translating them once in a while. Remember: more subscribers = more clips! Thanks for watching and see you next episode!
…Also, the new batsu game bus has been spotted in Japan! That means the “no laughing” series is not over yet! This year’s theme will be “Science Laboratory”!
Read more on this reddit page: Here.
See you (not too) soon (but not too late) with a new clip!
Just wanted to make this post to let the viewers know about what’s going on at the moment.
First of all, I’m speechless about the huge feedback (views, likes, subscribes, comments on yt / reddit etc. etc.) I got from everyone following my subbing activity, and I’m really thankful for that.
Reading comments where someone states my videos brighted up his / her day even a bit is what make me the happiest about this whole subtitling project!
With that being said, just few things about the next clip / the next ones coming up.
Right now I’m hyper busy, university lessons take me 5 days a week in which I barely have any time to go home and work on my clips, and depending on how things turn out, I may be busy on saturdays too (I’m currently trying to get in a museum apprenticeship and if I manage to be selected then I’ll only have Sundays left to work on my clips).
Next clip is about 30% done, and while tomorrow I’m pretty damn busy too, I have the day after tomorrow to work on it a bit more. If I manage to keep this pace, I think it will be done within next week / the week next next week (is that grammatically ok?).
I already have some in-list clips that I wish to translate / upload, so it’s not like I won’t bring new stuff online at all. I just need some time, which is the thing I’m lacking the most lately.
New clips may be also gottsu-ee-kanji ones, I still count them as gaki, at least in terms of “how I feel about them”. Next one is a Gaki no Tsukai 24-min episode, by the way.
By the time I’m writing this, I’ve translated / subtitle roughly 8 minutes of it, so while I can’t say for sure when it’ll come out, it’ll definitely come out, and pretty soon.
Thanks for reading / supporting my work, and see you soon with the next clip!
Write me anytime if you want, and add me on my twitter (@FGRNDNoises) if you wish to follow my translations updates! 🙂
First of all, I would like to say thank you to reddit user Rylix for the tip about upscaling videos! I owe you one, I managed to get the original 240p file to 720p and fit the subs pretty nicely! (I should have done this with the previous Dynamite Shikoku video, though…).
Anyway, this clip starts off just like Gaki no Tsukai’s Hide’n’Seek, in which we’re tricked into thinking we’re going to see something but things goes… unexpectedly wrong.
This time we’ll have a battle between the Gaki no Tsukai’s crew and Kishibe Shiro, a drama actor from Kyoto (you may remember him on the Yugawara Batsu Game, appearing in some funny edited photos) willing to challenge our heroes to a cooking showdown.
But will the ground of this battlefield be solid enough to sustain their feet?
– Kishibe says “executive producer” and explains what this role is because it’s not really a japanese term. So it was funny he was searching for someone covering such a(n apparently) vague role.
– The final section in which the promo says there will be a talk is cut, I just wanted to sub this whole Kishibe vs boobie traps thing without anything else. Plus, I couldn’t find the rest of it online.
Lastly, I’m working on another clip (24 min full episode) but it’ll take me a while to finish translating / subbing it because I’ll be pretty busy from now on (expecially from 10/13 to 10/23), but I assure you it’ll come as soon as possible and within less than a month.
Finally some 720p content! Even though roughly around the last 4 minutes section the audio gets a bit worse for no apparent reason. Hope youtube won’t screw up its quality again, ‘cause it was pretty good when I was done encoding it!
I loved this episode and it’s probably the funniest clip I’ve ever translated. I’m also satisfied about how everything turned out! Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.
So, today we go through Endo’s head and his problems, which seem to revolve around the Tsukkomi from Downtown, Hamada. Is Endo’s life in danger? Or maybe isn’t exactly his life the thing he should be worried about the most..? We’ll find out soon.
Of course this was all a farce for the sake of a good laugh, so no one should get offended by any of its contents.
On the last section there’s a Moriman vs Yamazaki promo that I couldn’t cut away from the clip, just pretend you didn’t see it.
Man, working on 720p clips sure is something amazing… I could fit literally anything inside the screen! Also, I’m currently already working on a new clip, now that I have time. Things will get busier as times goes on, but I’ll still upload stuff, so don’t worry.
Some notes about this episode:
– 5:58 Ok, I missed this error. I meant “Can I sit?” but I wrote “Seat” instead.
– Endo in japanese says “karada wo nerau” (aiming / pointing at my body / in other words “aiming at me”). Being that the whole “body violation” thing seems to be the main gag, when the word made sense I choose to keep it, even if sometimes (at least to me) didn’t make much sense in english. After all, we’re talking about a comedy show, of course nothing you’re seeing makes much sense!
– “Horareru” is from “horu” (to dig), no doubt about this. When Endo says “Crap! I’m getting raped!” He says “Yabai, horareru!”. I did some research on the internet, it’s also a slang for “getting violated” (it’s actually a slang for “anal”, as Passer suggested), apparently. Thus this translation. I tried to translate it in different ways throughout the whole episode.
– Endo states threeo times (First at the beginning and then again two times when Hamada is rubbing Matsumoto’s shoulders) something like “That is really B!” – I don’t know what that “B” stands for, I made some research but nothing. Of course I know is something related to harassment or such (I’m guessing is like “bi”…?), but I just made it simple and vague so it would still be a good translation even if not accurate. Edit: Again, thanks to Passer who explained me “B” meaning “petting”.
– I’m not sure myself about what Yamazaki said that made Endo think he’s not interested in him. I guess it’s something trivial enough, though.
– I didn’t want to add the subs on any counter in the bottom right section of the screen when they’re playing baseball. (number)回～表/裏 = Number of current inning. I don’t know much about baseball, to be honest (and that’s my second baseball-related subbed clip…)
– Yeah, I’ve translated “tamasuji” as “curves”, it’s incorrect. “Suji” is “muscle”, “urasuji” (Endo says it when Hamada is having his ice cream) too should be, like, “prepuce”, but it felt soooo wrong… Let’s say it’s an erotic word. I just put another different translation to have it sound shorter and less weird.
Here we are with another Gaki-no-Tsukai clip!
First of all, I’m sorry they’re low quality (it’s not youtube fault, they’re like this to begin with!), but it’s pretty hard to find them on higher quality and also LQ videos are “safer”, meaning that they’re most likely harder to be found online and thus be removed (again, uploading is risky).
On this episode the Gaki crew gets to know more about one of the greatest wrestler of all time, the mysterious Dynamite Shikkoku. We all remember his performances started on Endo’s Shichi-Henge which made it towards the Yugawara Batsu-game and the Yamazaki vs Moriman competition.
Needless to say, of course Dynamite Shikoku is Endo.
Hope you’ll enjoy this episode! But first, some notes about translation / choices etc:
– As always, some translated sections may be a bit inaccurate, heavy kansai accent, low quality sound / audio problems won’t help much. But of course I’m talking about few sentences, not the whole video.
– Sometimes I wrote “Shikkoku” instead of “Shikoku”, but they’re both right. Should be “Shikoku”, but giving that during his signature move he says “Shikkoku”, this one is not wrong either.
– The text at the bottom section roughly starting at 1:00 says “About Dynamite Shikoku: • Escargot-man is his eternal rival • Has the habit of straining his muscles • His “SHIKKOKU SHIKKOKU” performance is famous”. I didn’t add it on the subtitles because it almost perfecly matched what the speaker was saying (and didn’t have the space to do so).
– “Sugao” means “face without make-up”, “unmasked”, “true face”. I choosed “true character” / “true colors” because they go through more “intimate” stuff of him, rather than just making him reveal his face.
– I’m guessing they’re laughing when he said he’s 33 years old because it’s the exact same age Endo had when this was filmed.
– When Shikoku answers Hamada’s question “for how long have you been watching our “Gaki no Tsukai” show?”, he actually says “from the third time”, which made them laugh because it doesn’t make much sense as an answer.
– Also, I’m guessing that when Shikoku is eating they are kind of unsettled by the fact he didn’t say “itadakimasu” and doesn’t show any sign of enjoyment.
In order to avoid copyright claims, I’ve put all my old uploads hidden again.
That means you can still watch them (the links are the same), but you can’t search for them / they won’t appear displayed on my channel.
Links available on this post and on this page.
Some of them have also been re-uploaded by other users, so if you search for them on youtube you can also find alternate links to watch them.
I don’t mind those reuploads, after all there was a period in which all my videos were gone, I’m glad someone uploaded them again.
As a side info, I’m working on another 19 minutes video.
I don’t feel like spoiling its content, let’s just say it’s a special episode in which we get to know more about a certain wrestler… (coming soon)
Here we are with the first new upload after a long time.
I honestly don’t understand all this thing about copyright and stuff, after all I’ve always been uploading short, LQ clips just for have a good laugh and never ever gained a cent from them.
By the way, this time round we start off with an episode of the 限界 (genkai, “Limit”) serie, in which the whole cast of Gaki no Tsukai have to order some kind of product without directly saying its name, changing it with something that sounds alike.
There’s a bit of noise at the beginning, but it won’t last long (the LQ is to blame)
You can find other episodes subbed by other fansubbers (I remember one of them being Tofu Panda‘s), including the Ice Coffee one.
There aren’t notes on the first section (because it was just a sum up), Ouyan Fifi is a model / singer and Suzuki Kyoka is an actress.
Every other note about the meaning of what they say it’s wrote in the upper section of the screen.
Also, “ketsu kere” should be more “kick MY / HIS / HER butt”, because it’s imperative, but I like “I’ll kick your butt” better, even if it’s not that correct in terms of grammar.
I choosed to keep “katsu karee” because the whole point of the show is to say something that sounds alike to the original japanese world, so I’m sorry if it’s a bit of an eyesore, but I think it’s right the way it is.
There’s also a small section on the video (roughly 5 seconds) in which I didn’t understand what they were saying, I’ll add it with captions if someone is willing to pointing that out for me!
Future uploads will be on the channel featured in the video, so be sure to subscribe if you don’t want to miss any of them.
Here’s the (almost complete) list of my old subbed videos.
Each new content will be uploaded on this channel from now on:
– Downtown Talk: “What Happens When You Die?”
– Downtown Talk: Matsumoto’s Occupational Desease
– Downtown Talk: Matsumoto’s Childbirth Technique
– Tanaka’s Furious Thai-kick
– Member’s First Contact With Pepper the Robot
– Rap Battle: Tsukitei Housei (Yamazaki) vs Greengrocer
– Airport Batsu-game Unseen Footage: Jimmy Onishi
– Cocorico Tanaka’s Shichi-henge
– Yamazaki’s Ass Magic
– Yamazaki’s Slap Collection
– Yamazaki Producer ft. Haruna Ai
– Earthquake during Downtown Talk
– A Hamashou-only Baseball Match
– Cocorico Presents “Chilly Chilly Contest”
– Volleyball Coach Hamada
Note that I’ve disabled likes / comments on my reuploads because when I first uploaded them they were private. Being that my first account was about to be banned because of those videos, I prefer keeping them this way in order to keep em a bit more safe.
Also, in case something happens to the following videos (or new uploads) they’ll be uploaded again (one way or another) and posted on this wordpress.