(you can also stream / download this episode on MEGA <- just click here!)
On September the 8th 2018, the comedy genius Matsumoto Hitoshi celebrated his 55th birthday.
As a Gaki tradition, birthdays are for good memories and talks about feelings, so this time around we'll see our Gaki members together with Junior and Kimura Yuichi talking about the times in which Matsumoto helped them by saying kind words they never forgot… but maybe Matsumoto did.
It may not be the funniest episode, but it's surely interesting IMHO, I wanted to translate it as quick as possible to have it released closer to its original air date (wouldn't make much sense if it was too far away from Matsumoto's actual birthday).
That's why this subs are "simpler" in a way, I wanted to make a quicker job and focus more on what they're saying instead of how the outcome will look like. Hope you'll enjoy it anyway!
Some notes about it:
– 0:13 – Yoshimoto-zaka is a new idol group composed of 46 Yoshimoto comedians (including Endo Shozo, full member list on the link), produced by Yasushi Akimoto, the same producer behind groups such as Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46)
– 4:40 – The Rakugo Kenkyuu Kai is a show about rakugo broadcasted every third sunday of each month, in which Housei frequently took part in. The first kanji for “rakugo” (落) is the same kanji for the word “ochiru” (落ちる, “to fall”) and thus can be read as “ochi”. The word for “research” is “kenkyuu” (研究), and so Junior fuses the two readings to create the word “Ochiken” which refers to “Rakugo Kenkyuu Kai”, which, I guess, is a not-so-welcomed nickname for the show.
– 8:36 – ZIP! is a morning news / entertainment show hosted by Tanaka.
– The newspaper Endo is talking about is Sanspo.
– 19:01 – J-wikipedia entry for “Umeda Kagetsu”. I’m not sure myself if this and the Namba-Grand-Kagetsu is the same place (they both are known for being manzai-related places for Yoshimoto comedians).
– 19:07 – Here’s a no-sub youtube link for Downtown’s “abduction skit” (aka yuukai no neta).
– 20:07 – The mekuri is… basically the thing they use to show the names of punishment on Silent Library episodes. I’m talking about this object, which is commonly used to display a duo / comedian name when performing live.
– As reddit user josh06025 made me notice, when Kimura is talking about the Gottsu special and the others say “it’s just 9”, I thought he was refering to the time and making a joke about it, ‘cause he said “ohayo gozaimasu” (good morning) which of course isn’t an evening greeting. He made me notice that he’s probably talking about that Gottsu special’s audience ratings which were lower than he was expecting (9 vs 29).
The next episode will be an older one, but I can’t say for sure when I’ll have time to work on it. As always, be sure to like my so you won’t miss any update.
Remember: your support means a lot to me, and clicking “like” it’s free. If you enjoy what I’m doing, be sure to show your support!
…Or, as always, you can donate on my ko-fi page to support my work!
See you next episode!
Infos: episode #1421, aired 2018/09/09