– MEGA: The Anguish of Endo Shouzo
– VK: The Anguish of Endo Shouzo
Finally some 720p content! Even though roughly around the last 4 minutes section the audio gets a bit worse for no apparent reason. Hope youtube won’t screw up its quality again, ‘cause it was pretty good when I was done encoding it!
I loved this episode and it’s probably the funniest clip I’ve ever translated. I’m also satisfied about how everything turned out! Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.
So, today we go through Endo’s head and his problems, which seem to revolve around the Tsukkomi from Downtown, Hamada. Is Endo’s life in danger? Or maybe isn’t exactly his life the thing he should be worried about the most..? We’ll find out soon.
Of course this was all a farce for the sake of a good laugh, so no one should get offended by any of its contents.
On the last section there’s a Moriman vs Yamazaki promo that I couldn’t cut away from the clip, just pretend you didn’t see it.
Man, working on 720p clips sure is something amazing… I could fit literally anything inside the screen! Also, I’m currently already working on a new clip, now that I have time. Things will get busier as times goes on, but I’ll still upload stuff, so don’t worry.
Some notes about this episode:
– 5:58 Ok, I missed this error. I meant “Can I sit?” but I wrote “Seat” instead.
– Endo in japanese says “karada wo nerau” (aiming / pointing at my body / in other words “aiming at me”). Being that the whole “body violation” thing seems to be the main gag, when the word made sense I choose to keep it, even if sometimes (at least to me) didn’t make much sense in english. After all, we’re talking about a comedy show, of course nothing you’re seeing makes much sense!
– “Horareru” is from “horu” (to dig), no doubt about this. When Endo says “Crap! I’m getting raped!” He says “Yabai, horareru!”. I did some research on the internet, it’s also a slang for “getting violated” (it’s actually a slang for “anal”, as Passer suggested), apparently. Thus this translation. I tried to translate it in different ways throughout the whole episode.
– Endo states threeo times (First at the beginning and then again two times when Hamada is rubbing Matsumoto’s shoulders) something like “That is really B!” – I don’t know what that “B” stands for, I made some research but nothing. Of course I know is something related to harassment or such (I’m guessing is like “bi”…?), but I just made it simple and vague so it would still be a good translation even if not accurate. Edit: Again, thanks to Passer who explained me “B” meaning “petting”.
– I’m not sure myself about what Yamazaki said that made Endo think he’s not interested in him. I guess it’s something trivial enough, though.
– I didn’t want to add the subs on any counter in the bottom right section of the screen when they’re playing baseball. (number)回～表/裏 = Number of current inning. I don’t know much about baseball, to be honest (and that’s my second baseball-related subbed clip…)
– Yeah, I’ve translated “tamasuji” as “curves”, it’s incorrect. “Suji” is “muscle”, “urasuji” (Endo says it when Hamada is having his ice cream) too should be, like, “prepuce”, but it felt soooo wrong… Let’s say it’s an erotic word. I just put another different translation to have it sound shorter and less weird.
alternate vk link: Getting Closer to Dynamite Shikoku’s True Character
Here we are with another Gaki-no-Tsukai clip!
First of all, I’m sorry they’re low quality (it’s not youtube fault, they’re like this to begin with!), but it’s pretty hard to find them on higher quality and also LQ videos are “safer”, meaning that they’re most likely harder to be found online and thus be removed (again, uploading is risky).
On this episode the Gaki crew gets to know more about one of the greatest wrestler of all time, the mysterious Dynamite Shikkoku. We all remember his performances started on Endo’s Shichi-Henge which made it towards the Yugawara Batsu-game and the Yamazaki vs Moriman competition.
Needless to say, of course Dynamite Shikoku is Endo.
Hope you’ll enjoy this episode! But first, some notes about translation / choices etc:
– As always, some translated sections may be a bit inaccurate, heavy kansai accent, low quality sound / audio problems won’t help much. But of course I’m talking about few sentences, not the whole video.
– Sometimes I wrote “Shikkoku” instead of “Shikoku”, but they’re both right. Should be “Shikoku”, but giving that during his signature move he says “Shikkoku”, this one is not wrong either.
– The text at the bottom section roughly starting at 1:00 says “About Dynamite Shikoku: • Escargot-man is his eternal rival • Has the habit of straining his muscles • His “SHIKKOKU SHIKKOKU” performance is famous”. I didn’t add it on the subtitles because it almost perfecly matched what the speaker was saying (and didn’t have the space to do so).
– “Sugao” means “face without make-up”, “unmasked”, “true face”. I choosed “true character” / “true colors” because they go through more “intimate” stuff of him, rather than just making him reveal his face.
– I’m guessing they’re laughing when he said he’s 33 years old because it’s the exact same age Endo had when this was filmed.
– When Shikoku answers Hamada’s question “for how long have you been watching our “Gaki no Tsukai” show?”, he actually says “from the third time”, which made them laugh because it doesn’t make much sense as an answer.
– Also, I’m guessing that when Shikoku is eating they are kind of unsettled by the fact he didn’t say “itadakimasu” and doesn’t show any sign of enjoyment.
In order to avoid copyright claims, I’ve put all my old uploads hidden again.
That means you can still watch them (the links are the same), but you can’t search for them / they won’t appear displayed on my channel.
Links available on this post and on this page.
Some of them have also been re-uploaded by other users, so if you search for them on youtube you can also find alternate links to watch them.
I don’t mind those reuploads, after all there was a period in which all my videos were gone, I’m glad someone uploaded them again.
As a side info, I’m working on another 19 minutes video.
I don’t feel like spoiling its content, let’s just say it’s a special episode in which we get to know more about a certain wrestler… (coming soon)
 Youtube link is down, it was reuploaded on vimeo:
Here we are with the first new upload after a long time.
I honestly don’t understand all this thing about copyright and stuff, after all I’ve always been uploading short, LQ clips just for have a good laugh and never ever gained a cent from them.
By the way, this time round we start off with an episode of the 限界 (genkai, “Limit”) serie, in which the whole cast of Gaki no Tsukai have to order some kind of product without directly saying its name, changing it with something that sounds alike.
There’s a bit of noise at the beginning, but it won’t last long (the LQ is to blame)
You can find other episodes subbed by other fansubbers (I remember one of them being Tofu Panda‘s), including the Ice Coffee one.
There aren’t notes on the first section (because it was just a sum up), Ouyan Fifi is a model / singer and Suzuki Kyoka is an actress.
Every other note about the meaning of what they say it’s wrote in the upper section of the screen.
Also, “ketsu kere” should be more “kick MY / HIS / HER butt”, because it’s imperative, but I like “I’ll kick your butt” better, even if it’s not that correct in terms of grammar.
I choosed to keep “katsu karee” because the whole point of the show is to say something that sounds alike to the original japanese world, so I’m sorry if it’s a bit of an eyesore, but I think it’s right the way it is.
There’s also a small section on the video (roughly 5 seconds) in which I didn’t understand what they were saying, I’ll add it with captions if someone is willing to pointing that out for me!
Future uploads will be on the channel featured in the video, so be sure to subscribe if you don’t want to miss any of them.
Here’s the (almost complete) list of my old subbed videos.
Each new content will be uploaded on this channel from now on:
– Downtown Talk: “What Happens When You Die?”
– Downtown Talk: Matsumoto’s Occupational Desease
– Downtown Talk: Matsumoto’s Childbirth Technique
– Tanaka’s Furious Thai-kick
– Member’s First Contact With Pepper the Robot
– Rap Battle: Tsukitei Housei (Yamazaki) vs Greengrocer
– Airport Batsu-game Unseen Footage: Jimmy Onishi
– Cocorico Tanaka’s Shichi-henge
– Yamazaki’s Ass Magic
– Yamazaki’s Slap Collection
– Yamazaki Producer ft. Haruna Ai
– Earthquake during Downtown Talk
– A Hamashou-only Baseball Match
– Cocorico Presents “Chilly Chilly Contest”
– Volleyball Coach Hamada
Note that I’ve disabled likes / comments on my reuploads because when I first uploaded them they were private. Being that my first account was about to be banned because of those videos, I prefer keeping them this way in order to keep em a bit more safe.
Also, in case something happens to the following videos (or new uploads) they’ll be uploaded again (one way or another) and posted on this wordpress.