・Streaming / Download on MEGA: Ask The Best 5 in a Town We’ve Never Been To (part 1/2)
・Streaming on VK: Ask The Best 5 in a Town We’ve Never Been To (part 1/2)
Hi friends!! Merry Christmas!!
It’s been a difficult year, but I sincerely hope that you can have a peaceful and relaxing time, at least for today.
Think of today’s episode as a present from me and Mattee53, it’s the first half of a series we all love, “Ask the best 5 in a town we’ve never been to”!
Our members are going to find out what’s the best thing a small town away from Tokyo has to offer. Not going to write anything else, I don’t want to spoil anything!
Few things before I’ll leave you some notes. You can donate on Mattee53’s patreon page if you want to, he’s been helping me and other subbers with episodes typesetting and you should definitely support his activity.
We (of ourse) plan to release part 2 as well, for now we haven’t even started yet, but hopefully once the typeset will be done, I’ll work on it with the highest priority possible.
Raws + softsubs for every episode I’m going to upload on my wordpress will be online up to 2 weeks earlier on my patreon page, so please, consider subscribing to it if you feel like supporting my activity while also getting early access to my uploads!
That’s all for now, we’ll see again for a new post on December the 31st and then… well, it’ll be all written on it, you’ll see. Merry Christmas beautiful people!! ❤
– The first two piece of papers they get are “Yokohama” and “Shounan-Fukasawa”. They react the way they do because while Kanagawa (prefecture) itself is full of small and unknown towns, Yokohama, which is part of it, is not (it’s one of the most populated city in Japan and a famous tourism spot), as it’s not Shounan, being one of the most famous seaside cities in Japan. It’s crazy how they got the most popular cities of Kanagawa right off the bat.
– I left some of the on-screen text untranslated, mainly when they’re 100% the same as the narrator’s voice.
– The name of the curry shop owner is (in katakana) “GIMIRE GANESU”, which I rendered as “Gimire Ganesh”. I tried to look online for solutions, but nothing came up. I’m not sure that’s the right name, if you happen to know how it’s spelled, I’m adding it here.
– At 9:49 Matsumoto makes a pun (which I adapted). He says that in this shop, “nan-ari yatte kiitande” (literally “I heard you had difficulties”), where the word “nan-ari” means “to face difficulties”. He’s making a pun between “nan” (difficulties) and “naan”, so Endo and Hamada correct him by saying “Not difficulties, they were talking about the naan”.
– Again, MEGA ratio isn’t 16:9 (no encoding issues, I think it’s my new pc). Download / vk are in the correct 16:9 ratio, sorry for the issue.
episode #1331, aired 11/20/2016