First of all, I wanted to thank to Mattee53 for his typeset. This episode wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him, so thank you so much!
Second, I suck so bad at rendering and such, and I know this resolution isn’t the best. Couldn’t do much about it and didn’t bothered tbh, but you can always download any .ass file from any episode in the softsubs page.
That being said, today’s episode is the latest Kiki challenge, and pretty much like last week’s Absolutely Tasty, this feels like a milestone too. I’m so glad I could add this to my (our) collection, and it’s all thanks to great guys like Mattee53 and everyone else who’s been supporting me.
This episode is full of surprises and uncalled-for events. Not gonna spoil anything about it, but I’m gonna leave here few notes as usual.
– On-screen texts haven’t been translated when they show the same things said by the narrator. Also, top right text is this episode’s name as said by Hamada in the beginning, top left is Gaki no Tsukai’s logo. Of course.
– At 7:14, Matsumoto says “It’s not a good thing to lie, I thought Yoshimoto employees learned that last summer”, and he’s referring to the scandal involving Miyasako and other Yoshimoto comedians which happened around July 2019. Here’s an article about it.
– 09:44 untranslated on-screen text: “producers dance – Komurasaki Kozo and Goda Ichiro”. The song playing as they show up is TKGしか愛せない, from Nurarihyon no Mago.
– This episode features lots of japanese cuisine related words, such as “tsuyu” (or “mentsuyu”, a broth base) itself and “somen” (a type noodles), and even more specific recipes. An example of this is 10:54, when Hamada says “tenzaru soba”, which is basically a variety of tsuyu-based chilled noodles, typical of Summer. Another example is the ago-dashi, a variety of soup used often as tsuyu. There’s also a joke (as seen onscreen), when Matsumoto says sorry to Tanaka at 20:44 for looking at him while saying “ago”, a word which also means “chin” (as in Tanaka’s long chin).
– 15:25 – Not sure if it’s clear enough in my subs, they’re getting angry at Endo because he’s wasting time tasting tsuyus which are undoubtedly far from the one he’s supposed to find out. The shiitake (a type of japanese mushroom) flavored one and the soy milk flavored one are the most peculiar between the 10 types, and Endo still chooses to taste them anyway.
– 17:59 – Yoshiyuki Tsubokura is one of the host for the TV show Hirunandesu, in which Endo is a recurring cast member. They often do food reports together.
Again, thanks to Mattee53 for typesetting this episode and for each one of you for the constant feedback and support. Stay tuned on my social media pages for news on new content, hopefully coming soon enough.
Have a nice day and stay safe!
episode #1473, aired 2019/09/22